Blueprints

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Telarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Blueprints

Post by Telarin »

Two suggestions for the blueprints you guys are working on for 0.9:

1) We should be able to place blueprints overtop of other items, as long as none of the actual solid structures of the blueprints are blocked. So basically if your blueprint is a ring of walls and laser turrets, you can place it down after placing whatever is going to be in the middle of the ring is already built.

2) An extension of #1, there should be a key (maybe shift-right click) to force-place blueprints that would allow you to place blueprints even if partially blocked. This would simply place all of the non-blocked parts of the blueprint, and leave out any of the structures that were individually blocked from being placed.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Blueprints

Post by slpwnd »

@1 That is how the blueprints work now (development branch) :)
@2 Something that will be probably added in the future (after people play with the functionality and give us their feedback).

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

2) is partially done, the blocking part of the blueprint are not blocking the blueprint as long as they are exactly the same buildings with same properties.
Allowing build just part of the blueprint that doesn't collide with other entity might be addition, but we shall see if it is needed later.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

Just a very small thing, no idea how easy to implement:

When i want place the same blueprint over and over again in one line (eg part of a smelting line), can i place them with the mousebutton stay pressed and automatically deploy it next to next. (Some sort of how I can place power poles now with maximum cable distance automatically)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

BurnHard wrote:Just a very small thing, no idea how easy to implement:

When i want place the same blueprint over and over again in one line (eg part of a smelting line), can i place them with the mousebutton stay pressed and automatically deploy it next to next. (Some sort of how I can place power poles now with maximum cable distance automatically)
Yes, this is one of the typical use cases.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”