More Scenery (buildings, abandoned settlements, npcs...)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

More Scenery (buildings, abandoned settlements, npcs...)

Post by lilstrip »

First of all, I know this isn't a city builder but having the possibility to place down eye candy stuff would be great!

In the biggest factory I have built which I should upload on the forum since its probably the second largest thing ever made, I went out and built abandoned villages and such.
No they didn't do anything but for the little I had to put down to add to the looks made it completely worth it. Sadly, I cant really show what it looked like but i just needed to make some square shapes with missing wall bits, with sections of concrete laid in patches and last but not least make some street looking paths with overgrown looking sections. Just this made it so fun to just drive by in my train which I had to sit through almost 10 minutes of trip to get from one part to another.

So just this made me think, wouldn't it be cool to have some sprites just to make some town looking buildings and have some npcs walking around the area?!? I mean, trains can't be built by one person let alone a freaking factory! This would really add to immersion and could add an RPG element to the game! Maybe you could recruit some citizens to make a small tank platoon to go raid bitters giving a porpuse to tanks and such! And possibly add some ship debry you could bump into in the terrain generation and loot them for some expensive equipment! Or even better, add buildings with specialties like a train hangar(Would be required to build trains or repair them. This needs to be added to the game), a workshop(would be required to build the car, tank, spidertron, semi-truck? <== would be cool to have this with a trailer and some turrets on the back!!! :D ) and last but not least just plain brick buildings you could place down foundations and it would slowly build itself up. The buildings would be only scenery thus no enterable be they would cost alot. The style would be red bricks and more like old ghetto rundown type looking. They would be all modular and 2 to 3 story maximum. They would serve one purpose thought, for every room or segment connected to the building entrance(could be the same dimension as the assembler 3x3 ) every 3x3 piece would hold one citizen. So this could really add to the building expierience and make it much more entertaining than just a factory game!

The last thing I would like to see are abandoned settlements. Since the game will be on steam maybe there could be a workshop where people can upload their factory and there could be and algorythme that would take subscribed ones and remove sections and the player could bump into some rundown factories whilst exploring. They would be really rare thought and could add for some really fun and mysterious immersion and would motivate the player to explore.

When I said last thing, I kinda lied. You see, in real life, some humans are really assholes and prefer to screw people over. In factorio, you don't see this yet there are no cops, and you are clearly not alone. What would be cool is to find some pirate bases, they would have wheeled vehicles with wheels in shapes of gears to fit with the theme and they could have different tiers( yellow - smaller vehicle trying run you over, red - rare and only found near larger settlements they have one turret, blue - found only near capital settlements, they are really far appart from each other and probably will have some road connecting them). Pirates wouldn't be called so, instead they would be called ''rippers''. They would be called so from the noise the wheels make whilst moving ripping through anything even bitter flesh! To counter Rippers, the player should use platoons of vehicles and attack strategically using the ai. ¸

Let me know what you think, because I really wish this would be part of the game, I just beg you to add this! It would be the best game ever and would litterally conquer steam! I mean, there is already combat but this would really spice up the gameplay and make people keep playing on the same save and would never get bored! This would make the game fun even after the research is done and could give a choice for the player to go to space or remain on the surface depending on what he built and if it is still worth abandoning all this progress to return home. Heck, you could build your home with this!

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: More Scenery (buildings, abandoned settlements, npcs...)

Post by lilstrip »

will be makink pics shortly

I am good at drawing but not used to draw on the computer, I will probably not do it tomorow so expect monday to get some sketches to get what I am talking about.

You know what, nvm, will do a couple now I guess to get some attention since I know people prefer images than stupid walls of text so give me a bit of time and will do some of it :)

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

nvm, can' do this withought having access to my desktop pc, atm I don't have access to it and I am stuck with my shitty laptop :/ so its gonna have to wait!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think that are good ideas, but I also think that I don't see them all in Factorio. :)

For the first idea: The scenario just doesn't match; you are alone on an really dangerous planet. (see first page of Facorio Wiki https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... =Main_Page or see what the story mode tells ... )
Why should there be NPC's, villages, and so on? Maybe later. Much later. :)

Abandoned settlement: Well that is indeed an idea, that makes sense.
See https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 80&t=13022 World Generation / Map Generator / Game Modes

P.S.: Please don't answer to your own posts, you can edit your former posts.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deepdriller »

Nnnnot so fast.
It is, after all, always possible that there once was an intelligent species on the planet, but they all got killed somehow.
Or previous (failed) attempts at colonizing the planet may have left remnants.

ske
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ske »

deepdriller wrote:Nnnnot so fast.
It is, after all, always possible that there once was an intelligent species on the planet, but they all got killed somehow.
Especially if it is a dangerous planet. Space ships crash all the time and not everybody makes it back. It could be like a shipwreck island.

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deepdriller »

ske wrote:
deepdriller wrote:Nnnnot so fast.
Especially if it is a dangerous planet. Space ships crash all the time and not everybody makes it back. It could be like a shipwreck island.
Hey, don't even have to be crashed HUMAN ships...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”