Nuclear Power Station and Something to burn oil

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Schneeflocke
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Nuclear Power Station and Something to burn oil

Post by Schneeflocke »

Hi,
I love your game and really enjoy it to play. Please forgive my bad english too, but I'm not a native speaker.
While playing your game I had a few problems and would really like to have a building to solute this.

First: To create Electricity there are 2 ways: Steam engines and Solar Power with some batteries.
Well, I really dont like the Solar Power since it takes away so much space for much less energy than the steam version. I run 40 Steam engines and 100 Solar Panels at the time, and I would really like to build a Fusion Power Station or a Nuclear Power Station. Can be filled with complicated to create Fuel ->I dont care. I only want a really Powerfull reactor.

Second:Dividing Oil in the 3 ohter Ressources is great. But I often noticed tanks with the heavy oil and the light oil are full and I no longer get Petrol. Yes, I can research the improved oil mechanics later, but I would really like to build a tower with a flame on the top where I can burn the leftovers instead of building more than 20 tanks for these 2 Ressources. I dont care about Polluting the Planet ;-)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Nuclear Power Station and Something to burn oil

Post by Koub »

If you really want to destroy your leftovers of heavy and light oil (instead of storing them or turning them into solid fuel), you can always use them as a replacement for water with boilers/steam engines. But that's a real waste imho.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ske
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ske »

Koub wrote:If you really want to destroy your leftovers of heavy and light oil (instead of storing them or turning them into solid fuel), you can always use them as a replacement for water with boilers/steam engines. But that's a real waste imho.
That works with heavy oil? Insane!

How high does the temperature go then? 400 °C?

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

The temperature won't ever be high enough to make oil more useful than solid fuel. It is only good for literally throwing your oil away.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... iquids/Hot

And there's a Mod that destroys the fluids.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 92&t=18039
Maybe I forgot another mods...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

There's a nuclear power mod, but I do not use it because the decay isn't working yet the last time I check.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”