Infinite resource game mode

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ardagan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Infinite resource game mode

Post by Ardagan »

Brainstorming.

I do like games with infinite resources. I can get infinite resources.

The problem is: I can't get infinite resource consumer.

The question to the audience: what can it be?

Some ideas are:
1) Increase variety of mobs to demand variety of defense (probably turrets that can shoot both: rockets and bullets)
2) Infinite research. Probably the only one I see so far is +0.5% free energy production or +0.5% energy production to solar stations only. Well... logarithmic price, etc. This should not really consume alien artifacts, because by default we can't get them automatically and it is far not too fun to run around.
3) your ideas?..

So... just some way to test throughput of your factory is needed. Maybe: garbage disposal that counts speed of items disposed...

Wredi
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Infinite resource game mode

Post by Wredi »

Hi,

really like those games too, you are not alone ;)

as a way i was thinking, the research demand cant be sufficient for the whole game. in lots of (MMO)RPG you have that issue too, you need to double your XP to reach the next characterlevel which is just silly and time consuming. as this works in (MMO)RPGs (time consuming on purpose) it wont work in factorio. a better way would be an indestructible spawner and multiple attacking devices to provide a mobile defence against all parts of your factory which are endangered by the mentioned spawner. such as tanks or robot-soldiers and such, which can be provided which time limited ressources to fight for you before going inactive and need to be refueled. if they are destroyed (probably you need to rebuild them), so you have an infinite demand (at least you go for overkill at some point, thats where the infinite research comes in.)

Regards,
Wredi

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

We (forum members) discussed such stuff earlier. Possible solutions:
* like in open TTD the cities, which consume endless amounts of goods, the natives could do that in Factorio.
* we could have a market, which delivers important stuff by increasing prices
* the future scenarios promise enough stuff that must be built
* and currently already working: fill all in chests and destroy them :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

There is already a market building in game but it is only placable using the Editor.
By default you can't use the market building in any whay as it requires special initialization in control.lua script for that level. But by using lua scripts you could do many things.
You can make market offer you some items for purchase.
You can make market to purchase items from you.
Or you can simply make market to count the items you have put in it and then increase the scores using certain calculation. If you decide to do so I also recomend removing the existing items from market in certain intervals as the market still has finite inventory as fas as I know.

If you have pruchased scenario pack for Factorio you can see the market in action.

Ardagan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ardagan »

@ssilk: I can't automate chest destruction :( (though I can automate reconstruction)
Another point: no counter for chest... maybe smart chest...

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

It wouldn't be very boring to destroy them automatically...
I make it so: I used to play without storage chests. Reasons already explained.
For that I place SOME (100?) and they are now filled with what you don't really need. Now you can expand your factory.
When they are full I go there take flamethrower and WOOOSSHHH and they are automatically replaced.

But that would be cool: a robot, which is able to pick up a chest and place it near a biters nest. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Ardagan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ardagan »

A robot picks up the chest with timed nuclear bomb and put it near biters nest...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”