Bot pickup minus the chicken.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Bot pickup minus the chicken.

Post by TGS »

Okay so I'm sitting here in my factory watching all my logistics robots flying around and I was thinking... it would be really nice if there was a way of picking them all up without running around like a headless chicken trying to catch them... or changing all the provider chests to smart chests so the bots go back to port. (Which wouldn't really work anyway seeing as how half the bots seem to split off and go to different ports atm for me). So I was thinking... I have the character logistics upgrade. Why not add a little subroutine that if I select say... logistics robots in my requester slot (or chest) that they fly to me and enter my inventory. No fuss, no muss! Same with construction bots. If I say I want max bots they should all come flying to me and enter my inventory. Thus giving players a really quick way of retrieving their bots.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bot pickup minus the chicken.

Post by ssilk »

Why do you want to do that?
See no sense in that...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

ssilk wrote:Why do you want to do that?
See no sense in that...
Umm because you might want to relocate them? Or just get rid of them temporarily in the area? I'm really not sure it needs justification or explanation given that we can already 'capture' the bots by mining them. This simply removes that annoying element and allows for easier collection.

Granted I haven't done this many times, but I have on a few occasions wanted to stop my bots without having to change my network entirely. Or wanted to move them. Or just get them out of the way so I can manually do things.

JackGruff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JackGruff »

Hmmmmm

Try to place a port somewhere else and then destroy the other port. Most, if not all, of the bots will stop and dock with the other.

Chrille
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chrille »

Kind of off topic but it reminded me of a similar annoyance.
If I start using bots in an area i've not completely thought through and might want to change later. It's horribly annoying to have all the bots flying around in the way. I'd love to have some way of ignoring the bots. Maybe even make them not only Unclickable but also more or less invisible. Simply unclickable would be great though.

Add to that a "come here" buttong in the roboport would be great.
Similar to Age of Empires

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Maybe they could make that alternative view thing or whatever turns the icon view on, make the bots just an outline or i do like the idea of them disappearing completely.

edit: I'd also like it if bots evenly distributed themselves throughout the network when idle.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”