Technologies groups

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Technologies groups

Post by Dysoch »

I would like to see technology groups the same way the item groups are done.
This makes it easier to look at technologies, aswell as easier to spot techs added by mods.
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Technologies groups

Post by slpwnd »

Technology window will need a face lift soon. Still keep thinking about the technology tree, but yeah groups are also an option ...

Psycho0124
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Psycho0124 »

Tech trees can be a little intimidating for some folks (my wife hates them). (yes, I married a gamer chick. It's awesome) :P
"Either too few choices or overwhelmingly complex" she says. Some nice tech groups, along with the already implemented system of unavailable techs shown in red (with required techs show on mouse-over) might give the best of both worlds.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Yes. There are only a few choices you can do to open the big doors. All others are more or less flat.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

slpwnd wrote:Technology window will need a face lift soon. Still keep thinking about the technology tree, but yeah groups are also an option ...
Look into the Civilization 4 tech tree, it is simple yet provides enough info for most people. If you want to go more into it then you can right click on an option and see more.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

I always thought that Civ4's tech tree was a bit... too much. Not to say it was too much information, it was simply that too much was displayed all in the one big screen. Would have been much better ifit was collapsible or something. And expanded as you clicked through. Or alternatively you could expand/collapse all.

Massive tech trees like that can be confusing to a lot of people. I like them, just in a more progressive and intuitive fashion. Expandable/collapsible is almost a requirement with huge trees imo.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”