Hide Train Station from List

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Hide Train Station from List

Post by MalContentFL »

Lots of people use train stations as waypoints for the map. They clutter up the station list to the point where you can't find the station you want. You should be able to hide/un-hide the train stations from the list, or add actual waypoints to the game.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Hide Train Station from List

Post by daniel34 »

I think that this is not about hiding some train stations from the list per se (as they should be actual train stations), there should be another item in the game (like a beacon/antenna (from space engineers) or a waypoint/sign) that makes a mark on the map so you don't have to use train stations for this. Maybe even a mod API that allows you to make arbitrary points on the map without needing an entity there, maybe a vanilla entity that does this automatically?

LIke an entity called "Waypoint" (1x1 square) that you can place anywhere and its only use is to be marked on the map, probably using some power (~10kw?) and disappearing from the map when it isn't powered?
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

While ago I posted in Mod Request about mark that can display text on map and be able to control what it display.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 33&t=15016
It would be great to have something like that in Factorio.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

besides having map markers a filter/search box for the train list would be very nice

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

ratchetfreak wrote:besides having map markers a filter/search box for the train list would be very nice
Searching will be a thing in the stations list for 0.13 :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

What about only showing the trainstations connectted to the railroad?
Would that break anything?

Either way it's good to see that searching will be a thing as the stations list quickly becomes cluttered with various stations assigned to various tasks.
Waste of bytes : P

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

That plus selecting the train station from the map (in a special "view", see https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 80&t=18153 )
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

keyboardhack wrote:What about only showing the trainstations connectted to the railroad?
Would that break anything?

Either way it's good to see that searching will be a thing as the stations list quickly becomes cluttered with various stations assigned to various tasks.
This would be a great way to reduce the "station clutter" that plagues train systems. I know that they UI for selecting stations is going to be re-done in 0.13, but only showing train stations that the network is connecting to would be a great way to reduce the shown train stations.
ssilk wrote:That plus selecting the train station from the map (in a special "view", see https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 80&t=18153 )
An even better way of dealing with station clutter- Dont deal with it!
I imagine you talk about a view a lot like in Railroad Tycoon 3. It would be an awesome way of telling trains where to go.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”