Chemistry, liquids and pipes

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Noro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Chemistry, liquids and pipes

Post by Noro »

Hello

First, thank you very much for such a captivating game, that eat up over 30 hours of my life already :) I hope it'll turn out even more interesting and captivating in the end.

As for now - the thing I feel game lacks most is proper chemical industry. I've thought about modding but couldn't find a way to implement it with current set of entities. But proper chemistry should be added, you can't imagine a real factory without all those pipes going all the ways around it.

First, there should be a proper liquid(and gas) transportation and storage system. Pipes and pumps(with pressure physics included), tanks for storage(and a tank-cars for the train) and a way to connect pipes to processing plants(maybe chemical plants should have a buffer tanks of limited volume).

Second, a chemistry industry would need processing plants with not only several products for input, but also several products for output as well(e.g. processing raw oil will give as several fractions of oil, gasoline, and tar). Maybe this should be a more global concept, with all production plants processing some waste and scrap, that'll give more pollution if not processed properly.

And finally, new resources to process and different products to acquire. Oil, water(to get hydrogen and oxygen), getting nitrogen from air, underground ores and such.

Thank you.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Chemistry, liquids and pipes

Post by kovarex »

Hello, and welcome to the forums.

You just described our plans for 0.9 :)

Noro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Noro »

Oh, very good :)

I'm waiting forward next version.

Zero_Berz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zero_Berz »

How about new upgrades for flamer? flamer turrets (oil or so powered) defoliants and more poison? ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”