Terrain: mountains, plateaus, and cliffs!

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

vuvffufg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Terrain: mountains, plateaus, and cliffs!

Post by vuvffufg »

I'd love to see more terrain features to add some difficulty to transporting resources, like: mountains, plateaus, hills, cliffs, etc. Caves would be cool too.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Terrain: mountains, plateaus, and cliffs!

Post by ssilk »

A problem is, that the graphics is only 2D. There could be no "real" hills. But It could look like. I think to about as in StarCraft, where you just have 2 different "levels".

I wold like also rivers: Something, which has a "stream". It can work like belts: Anything on that surface is slowly moved. Think to a new (very slow) way of transport and at the end some "fishing inserters" catch it out of the water. And sometimes a fish. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

ssilk wrote:A problem is, that the graphics is only 2D. There could be no "real" hills. But It could look like. I think to about as in StarCraft, where you just have 2 different "levels".

I wold like also rivers: Something, which has a "stream". It can work like belts: Anything on that surface is slowly moved. Think to a new (very slow) way of transport and at the end some "fishing inserters" catch it out of the water. And sometimes a fish. :)
And in the middle a water flow generator, the ones they got in themsen if im remembering the correct river. Basically windmills driven by the flow of the water :D!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

tobsimon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tobsimon »

Shameless plug of own past topic Terrain elevation, hills and mountains with fake cliffs, with some discussion of technicalities and gameplay value.

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

Rivers/streams? They would add some really nice charater to the landscape! But what should happen to a car that runs over a stream at full speed?
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”