New way of Map Generation, Mineral Generation

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Outershift
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

New way of Map Generation, Mineral Generation

Post by Outershift »

I know the story of factorio is that earth only found one collonizable planet in the galaxy, but can u change it like resources cant be all found in that planet, make it an open galaxy type of game with different sizes of planets and moons; moons made of lava, metals and Ice (suggestions) and they are all mineable, trading with other species and such, in game currency, and make all planets have limits but the galaxy is infinite to prepare for the coming of the colony.

just suggestions love ur game.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: New way of Map Generation, Mineral Generation

Post by Gammro »

Someone has been playing starbound :P

But it sounds cool, although I think it might be out of scope for this game. I put enough time in developing one savegame as it is, and starting out on a planet that only has iron might be a bit hard to pull off.
I do hope trading and such will be implemented, and I think that's already planned feature. Because sometimes it feels like you're producing a lot of this stuff without any demand for it.
Ignore this

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

I think the better option would be to go down instead of up.

Have 2nd layer as Underground with ability to dig personal tunnels, and excavate veins. This will not only benefit transportation (underground trains, conveyors), but also introduces another way to acquire resources.

Outershift
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Outershift »

Gam:

just posting ideas my purpose is to let people see my ideas and if they will become demands. and yes im playing too much starbound :D

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

As much as other planets would be a neat concept. I would really like to see multiplayer before they go off into directions like that personally. I know a lot of people are 100% A-okay with the game being a single player sandbox, but I for one would love to be able to host my own server and have other people join it and work together. Or go head to head against each others bases while trying not to die to biters.

Outershift
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Outershift »

Like an Extinction type of game hmmm interesting, you can even add last man standing where bitters get stronger every minute and see who can build systematically faster and be the sat survivor

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Sounds like DLC/Expansion content. I would rather they finish making the core game before adding anything that could take another year to build.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”