Alt Key Function

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Alt Key Function

Post by Anomoly2012 »

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned.. But can we get a different set up for this please and thank you...

It has been mentioned a few times i am sure but the frustrations involved may seem trival to many, but as i dont care as to the level of my pollution much bu enjoy seeing the direction and display functions alt offers.. Is it possible to add the smog map overlay to the F4 key and the featureslisted in there? Or vise versa.. Would be less of a haslte for me anyhow when looking for that next patch as i always forget to hit alt again and that huge cloud of red does make it a bit difficult to see clearly..

Thanks..

A+

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Alt Key Function

Post by deepdriller »

You have so much pollution that you can no longer read the map?
Shucks, I must be playing it wrong, then.

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

Yep.... im still in my beginner base... im going for total world domination.. nah.. im just ramping things up stockpiling oh idk 1500 steel smelters.. 2200 assembly 3's.. and thats 4 P3's in each... as well as all the other various items needed to support the size.. running about 40fps most of the time... lol so its alot of pollution.... atm i have 10 trains running full tilt between 26 various outposts.. i have P3's in just about everything i can to get free stuff... and im not even halfway to what i need for my main base.. =) it should be a sight to see when im done with it..

rootnegative and his break the game lp is my insperation.. and colonelwill is my hero when it comes to trains... i plan to have atleast a 4 lane each direction system.. possibly 6 or even 8 if they cant handle the volume.. =)

Had a 10 hr set back as i had the wrong rso version running... but thats all fixed now... so back on track to .13 and whatever comes our way....

Kongensholm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kongensholm »

deepdriller wrote:You have so much pollution that you can no longer read the map?
No need to be condescending. The pollution overlay of the map, and the detailed view of buildings are unrelated, and should have different shortcuts.

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

Kongensholm wrote:
deepdriller wrote:You have so much pollution that you can no longer read the map?
No need to be condescending. The pollution overlay of the map, and the detailed view of buildings are unrelated, and should have different shortcuts.

My thoughts exactly.. And as for the other 1.. I payed it no mind.. Nobody understands the truely brilliant.. Even Albert Einstein had hecklers..

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deepdriller »

Didn't mean to be condescending, sorry if that's how it came across. It was more in the way how Dwarf Fortress players say: "If the surface isn't swimming in lava, you're doing it wrong".

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

deepdriller wrote:Didn't mean to be condescending, sorry if that's how it came across. It was more in the way how Dwarf Fortress players say: "If the surface isn't swimming in lava, you're doing it wrong".

I took no offense... :lol:

Lastmerlin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lastmerlin »

I intended to write a suggestion on my own, but as there is this thread, I just second the request:

Please split the activation of pollution overlay from the Alt Key Function.

Additional information mode is something wonderful that I want 100% of the time. Pollution overlay, however obscures way more information than it provides. I want it active for less than 1% of the time. I check every 10 minutes if can see my whole pollution cloud and if it touches any nests. These are the only few seconds where I want the additional information. The rest of the time it is annoying, it bathes the map in red color, making it hardly readable and hides any ressource patches. Combining one thing you want almost always and some thing you want almost never into one key leaves me with no good choices.

XBBX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by XBBX »

You turn off pollution overlay in options menu... :)

Lastmerlin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lastmerlin »

Ok, I am stupid to miss that. Thanks a lot :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”