AI changes

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Franzo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

AI changes

Post by Franzo »

As it is now base defense is nearly useless as u just eliminate enemy bases that spawn nearby. It would be fun to have some random attacks from patrolling enemies that spread away from their base and so that they will probably find yours. Patrolling groups could be scaled on how big is the main base and would just look for hoostiles until they find them or are eliminated. What do you think about it?

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: AI changes

Post by ficolas »

Firstly, further bases are way too op to attack you if you arent really prepared, so it shouldnt happen early on.
The way they used to control the progresion of the player, is pollution, and when pollution reaches a base that base starts attacking.

Also far chunks arent generated, so bases that are a bit far, arent generated if you dot explore.

Sooo I think it is fine as it is now.

Franzo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: AI changes

Post by Franzo »

Actually i built a nearly 0 pollution factory, that pollutes only the zone that is taken by buildings , and so the enemies are just there waiting for me to start bombing them..
As it was before the AI patch enemies attacked in big groups, I would like to have something like that made with smaller patrolling forces

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”