Demo feedback

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Demo feedback

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

I haven't yet purchased the game (only due to me being slow to get stuff together for PayPal) but I have spent several hours with the demo on both the 0.11.22 and 0.12.10 versions and I have some feedback regarding gameplay found in those three levels.

Crash sites show up as red on the full map, just like the biters. Could this please be changed (perhaps to green or blue?) so that players don't mix them up with biter bases and are also given a bit of a hook for being curious? The large ones have resources in them so looking at the map and planning a route to explore and secure one would be a good goal.

The demo does not allow shooting down Stone Rock formations, but I've seen them being able to be shot in videos of the full game. Is this covered in tutorials after the third level? If not, allowing them to be shot and destroyed and giving a little notification that they can be might be helpful in the tutorial.

"Stone Rock" also seems like a redundant name since the two words basically mean the same thing. Perhaps something like "Rock Formation" or "Stone Pillar" would work better? If they do stay as stone, is there a possibility of them being able to be mined to get stone from them? These pillars or formations could also work for other resources where you'd need to research a certain kind of mining drill to get at them, but when you do they provide a higher yield than the regular flat resources.

I've noticed that, at least in the demo, chests do not allow walking between them like inserters and even buildings do. Is this intended? It would be a nice quality of life improvement if the player character could walk between chests.

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Demo feedback

Post by deepdriller »

To shoot rock formations, press C. This makes you shoot whatever non-item, non-ore patch object is closest to the cursor.

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

deepdriller wrote:To shoot rock formations, press C. This makes you shoot whatever non-item, non-ore patch object is closest to the cursor.
Perhaps this should be mentioned in the demo, so that people can know it is possible.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think it's mentioned in the info-screens at the game-start.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

Jackielope wrote:I haven't yet purchased the game (only due to me being slow to get stuff together for PayPal) but I have spent several hours with the demo on both the 0.11.22 and 0.12.10 versions and I have some feedback regarding gameplay found in those three levels.
Welcome to the forums! Always nice to have more players here with opinions ;)
Jackielope wrote:I've noticed that, at least in the demo, chests do not allow walking between them like inserters and even buildings do. Is this intended? It would be a nice quality of life improvement if the player character could walk between chests.
I think you can in the full version, and have no clue why you cant in the demo.
Nope! Sorry, this feature doesn't exist. See ssilk's post below
Last edited by TuckJohn on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

You cannot walk between chests, even in the full game.
Maybe it's wanted or not. Someone can make a bug report then we will see. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

ssilk wrote:You cannot walk between chests, even in the full game.
Maybe it's wanted or not. Someone can make a bug report then we will see. :)
Alrighty, I've posted a thread about it. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=16986

voyta
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by voyta »

Jackielope wrote:"Stone Rock" also seems like a redundant name since the two words basically mean the same thing.
Best part of stone rocks is that you can't actually mine stone from them. They just rock!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”