further maps overviews

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Flexoking
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

further maps overviews

Post by Flexoking »

Moin,

Last time I played factorio, i had play until to the end of the tech-tree (And I play the shadowmegamodpack (v.5.0.0). So I killed a lot of Spawns and I always search for it on the maps.

So I had an idea of a map with different overlays.
For example like this:
1.Terrain-contours as Background

Than different layers you can turn on/off:
1. Enemys
2. Ressources (maybe with filters?)
3. Struktures
4. Trees
5. enemy unit movement (in the last 24h/7d)
6. events (like tower shootings/ destroyings)
7. location of robots ( and movents?)
8. and a strategiemap (to move robots/ turn switches on/off (with a remote controller) /and so on...)

There can be also a research for this.
Or a Building named Strategie-control-station, where you must move in to control switches or to look at the strategiemap.
A big problem I see is, that with many mods there are a lots of ores - so here is a solution.
So the Strategieaspect becomes more bigger.

I very much welcome comments in that way. And I excuse my bad english. :roll:
Greetings Flexo

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: further maps overviews

Post by daniel34 »

You want a map that has different layers and shows only the layers you activated.
Do you want to have this on the minimap (right top) or on the big map (M key)?

Right now I can see everything that happens on the map, even with Shadow's modpack. The biters are always bright red, and you can't mistake them for another entity.
Most of the layers you mentioned are in the game, except for the robots and the strategy map. I agree with your suggestion that when there is too much info on the map and it is easier to read by disabling some layers, there should be an option to disable them, but right now this is not required.

What I don't understand here is the strategy map and the building controlling it (Strategiekontrollstation), what purpose does it have? (what can you do with it?)

If you think you can explain it better in German, please do so and provide a short english explanation in the same post.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”