Upgrade Planner and other

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

blik
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Upgrade Planner and other

Post by blik »

Hello everybody.
I have a few suggestions that are not mentioned in the sticky. Perhaps they are mentioned elsewhere, I have difficulty with English, so that I might have missed something.
I hope you will understand my message, in spite of machine translation.

Suggestions.
The ending of the game.
1) Launch rockets with intelligence satellite.
It discovers hat knocked the player's ship early in the game. This is a huge a mutant worm. The satellite is pinpointed the location of the worm and passes it to the player. Then the worm deletes a satellite. A player builds a second missile. But instead of a satellite rocket is set in the atomic bomb. Or just a very big bomb, not nuclear))
Launch a second rocket - kill the worm - wins the game.

2) The missiles. Rockets for the flight is need fuel and oxidant. Thus the oxidant may be sulfuric acid.

New beetles.
3) Unfortunately I did not find the use of flamethrowers. It could be an effective weapon against a new kind of beetles. These bugs are too small to shoot at them with bullets and shot. Even laser turrets are not effective against them. Just imagine: a black carpet stirring crawls to the wall, heading straight for it, and do not respond to the turret.
Only the player with the flamethrower can save the base from the small creatures. Or flamethrower turret. And even better - the usual turret weapon slot in which is mounted flamethrower or rocket launcher. Or even a tank gun with cumulative shells. All these armament of destroying small "carpet" beetles. All these armament of destroying small "carpet" beetles.

4) The worms, which can make a tunnel. Near the player's perimeter defense appears the worm. After a few minutes at a distance from the worm inside the perimeter, appears a hole in the ground, through which breaks out crowd of beetles. To guard against undermining need to concrete surface.

Ergonomics.
5) We have a blueprint and red deconstruction planner. Red - mark objects for deletion. Can Add To some yellow planner, which prohibit repair facilities? Then robots will fix all but marked "not repaired" objects, and then put the new in their place.
Another view - purple blueprints. Drawings improvements. Robots replace assembling machines / belts / inserters on objects appropriate higher level.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Upgrade Planner and other

Post by ssilk »

Hi, blik,

It's better to make one suggestion per post. THat way it can be discussed much easier.

To your points: That are all good ideas. Especially the point with the flamethrower is a good idea. Luckily with v0.13 the complete fight should be reviewed, so we can await here some changes.

Suggestion #4 is already suggested a lot. I think one of the reasons why we have now stone plates. :) See also https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=80&t=139

Your first suggestion to #5 is an interesting new idea. Did I understand you right: You want to mark it to "DO NOT REPAIR THAT". And then? (I don't understand "put the new in their place")
For the second part (purple) there is already a mod: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 92&t=14781
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

blik
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Upgrade Planner and other

Post by blik »

Usually Repair pack is more valuable then belts, whalls or electric poles. So we mark "DO NOT REPAIR THAT". If the marked facility is demolished - droids just replace it. But mark "Do note repair that" save.

Oh yeah, I see many of ideas have not only written but also implemented in the form of mods))

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”