Different planets

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ween
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Different planets

Post by Ween »

I was thinking about that too. Since the player is supposed to be on another planet, is that odd that everything (beside creepers) is like earth.

There are several feature that could be added, like the lack of oxygen and the necessity to have some device to get breathable air...

Gravity, distance to the sun, type of planet could influence the gameplay in many way...

Furthermore, if you look at the menu of the map generator, instead of specifying each and every ore, you could make it a bit different letting the player choose his planets for instance...

In my point of view this opens possibility for lots of new gameplay (you have to create oxygen, distance of the sun influence the efficiency of agriculture or solar panel and the length of the day/night, the number of ressource you have, and so on...). In many way, every different planet would force a player to deploy différents strategy to achieve the same goal.
---<@

MatLaPatate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Different planets

Post by MatLaPatate »

I agree, that could be cool. And so that would become a bit more RTS-like, planets being maps ^^

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mysteria9 »

Ween wrote:I was thinking about that too. Since the player is supposed to be on another planet, is that odd that everything (beside creepers) is like earth.

There are several feature that could be added, like the lack of oxygen and the necessity to have some device to get breathable air...

Gravity, distance to the sun, type of planet could influence the gameplay in many way...

Furthermore, if you look at the menu of the map generator, instead of specifying each and every ore, you could make it a bit different letting the player choose his planets for instance...

In my point of view this opens possibility for lots of new gameplay (you have to create oxygen, distance of the sun influence the efficiency of agriculture or solar panel and the length of the day/night, the number of ressource you have, and so on...). In many way, every different planet would force a player to deploy différents strategy to achieve the same goal.
I agree with the entire post! This would be a really cool feature.

CoolGabrijel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CoolGabrijel »

I agree with this seriously well
I also made a topic about how to get there and stuff (Basically you send a drone to build your base then you send yourself there)
Your suggestion is much better!

Maple
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maple »

I think this is a great idea! The player should start on a sort of "Goldilocks Planet" where its not too close or too far from the star you're orbiting, the planet would be inhabitable and wouldn't require oxygen generators, because it would have trees to produce oxygen. With this planet, the player could get everything they need to start a factory, and construct a way to travel to another planet. Of course, you wouldn't be able to stay on this planet forever, because you'll need resources found exclusively in other planets to build whatever you need to win the game. This could discourage boringly sitting in one big factory slowly constructing everything counting down to victory as your laser turrets defend from the alien attacks. This could also make the game much more replay value. I had a lot more things to say but my brain decided to die and I forgot what they were, I'll return to this post.
well i had a good idea for a signature but then my brain decided no **** you maple i am not going to function properly and forget that great signature

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”