Mark water input in basic oil processing recipe

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mark water input in basic oil processing recipe

Post by Boogieman14 »

One frustration that I think many have experienced, is where one has an oil refinery set up with basic oil processing and then after switching to Advanced Oil Processing find out that you picked the wrong input for the crude oil. For an experienced player, this mistake (which I at least still make, because I just can't remember which goes where) is generally calculated in so it's a minor change. For a beginning player, who's building stuff in too small areas, it can lead to a suboptimal experience. It would be great if the basic oil processing recipe would either use just the one input for oil that's also used for advanced, or if that's not possible perhaps add a water input to basic oil. (Water is basically a free resource anyway - the cost of an off-shore pump and some pipe is negligable at this point in the game)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mark water input in basic oil processing recipe

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Boogieman14 wrote:which I at least still make, because I just can't remember which goes where
Heres a easy trick for remembering

Water goes on the Heavy Side.

Feel free to get that tattooed somewhere on your body, so you will always remember :)

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

The real frustration is that water goes in the left side of the oil refinery, but the right side of chemical plants for cracking. It's basically designed to mess with your head. :D
Klonan wrote:Water goes on the Heavy Side.
Are you calling water fat? 'Cause that's mean! :lol:

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”