EDIT : World map (old : Some idea list)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

shade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

EDIT : World map (old : Some idea list)

Post by shade »

Hi all, first sorry for my english if is bad i'm french, second sorry if i not made multiple topic but i have a lot of idea ...
I edit the first post for update the list :
1. "World map" :

- I said world map but not really, in option before start and same as actual starting option you can choose the number of parcel in "x" and "y" like a grid with coord a1 a2 b1 ... ...

- When you choose the size of the "world" you can ( or not ) choose the starting position, this is the main base where you can send order to other outpost like produce / send ressources at this outpost or at the main base

- So you can also choose the map size, all map size are the same but with that you can't choose infinite map size ...

- From the main base you can build outpost in other world coord. outpost need a center like a big computer for receive and send information like order, production, storage, and more ...

- You need to build the ouptost it's not automatic, but possible automatisation like a simple script for building ? so if yes for save the cpu make a user scripting interface for configure that ?

- You also need a "ship" before building any outpost, you also need new research like :
  • ship
  • number of outpost ( outpost can be destroy, by you if you want abandon an area or by bitter ( world map event with "danger" transmission ? so that need powerfull energy usage ! ) )
  • building automatisation
  • receive/send order
2. Can hire mercenary/trooper from Earth ?

- You can have a limited number or mercenary/trooper unlockable by research ( same as outpost )

- You can order him to mine recolt or produce some item

- You can send him to fight area

- You NEED to equip him ( armor, weapon and ammo ( also armor item ) )

- You can send him to an outpost with ordering ( this is probably him who build the base when the automatic mode is enable ?!? )

3. Player inventory

- Yeah ... a simple player inventory like rpg game, with shortcut but keep the weapon bar ...

4. Some update/change

- The solar panel ... if i'm right in the 0.6.4 the power is 90 but in 0.7.1 is only 60 ... i know/think is made for player use the steam engine but that require some space for minimise the pollution or made a new building for clearing the pollution ?

- The big bitter and the big worm, what the hell ! they are soo cheated but possibly in change ? i don't know but they come too fast before we unlock some tech and build some factory so we have not really the time for build the suffisant defense for stay alive it's really hard ! but still cool if you like difficulty/chalenge !

- Can you also make some map/minimap filter ? like showing specific ressources ennemy energy ... ...

5. Bitter extermination

- If you can clear an area of all bitter and bitter spawner they can't come back OR they can after some time so you can build defense and more

6. Inserter modification

- Delete the long handed inserter and on right click on any inserter you can choose if he take the ressource near or far hta unlock most situation like multiple demand from any factory for some required ressource so a smart insert can take fast any ressource at one or two case when initialized

I think it's finish for know, i have play the demo beta 0.6.4 and i have bought the alpha 0.7.1, i really like this game thank you for this !!!

PS : ( for player ) do not change your game from 0.6.4 to 0.7.1 if you're advance because too many bitter ( old creeper ) come really fast on big group !
Last edited by shade on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Some idea list

Post by ficolas »

3. Player inventory
?? there is a player inventory alredy
PS : ( for player ) do not change your game from 0.6.4 to 0.7.1 if you're advance because too many bitter ( old creeper ) come really fast on big group !
They arent that harder, just make laser turrets...
5. Bitter extermination
Play 0.7.1 this is alredy in.
If you destroy all bases near where you are (where your pollution reaches), they wont attack you
6. Inserter modification
Why? its nice to have different types of inserters :D
The story tells that you have crashed, I dont think you can go back so easily
Last edited by ficolas on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shade »

This is almost a "Crafting" inventory than a player inventory but yes, when i said a player inventory i said an inventory like an RPG game like inventory with player armor slot with weapon / tool ... ...

and yes multiple inserter is great i use some of them, but the game doesn't have any long fast inserter ... is harder for optimise a long factory where you need 1 fast/smart inserter and 2 long handed inserter.

For bitter extermination thank you, i don't know when we kill of of them arround the pollution they don't come !!!! :) but i just said that for the possibility of a world map.

And yeah for the mercenary i know we have crashed i have finished the campain but in freeplay/sandbox mode why not ?

Oh and for laser turret yeah i used them as many as i can BUT :) already i said that when you past from 0.6.4 to 0.7.1 it's more than difficult to kill them when you unlock only the first laser upgrade i havn't this problem on my new game :p

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

shade wrote:This is almost a "Crafting" inventory than a player inventory but yes, when i said a player inventory i said an inventory like an RPG game like inventory with player armor slot with weapon / tool ... ...
There is a player armor slot, there is a tool slot, 3 weapon slots and 3 ammo slots.

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

shade wrote:This is almost a "Crafting" inventory than a player inventory but yes, when i said a player inventory i said an inventory like an RPG game like inventory with player armor slot with weapon / tool ... ...
You said simple and yet sound like you want more complex. Have tried modular armor yet? It makes possible to add more equipment to character.
Or do you mean you want separate character window?
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

shade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shade »

rk84 wrote:
You said simple and yet sound like you want more complex. Have tried modular armor yet? It makes possible to add more equipment to character.
Or do you mean you want separate character window?
Yes i used the new armor actually i have the power armor with some stuff inside and yes i would like a separate character window one for craft andone for stuff

shade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shade »

ficolas wrote:
The story tells that you have crashed, I dont think you can go back so easily
Oh and sorry i havn't really understand what you say ... i don't want to go back to Earth ... i would like hire people FROM Earth for help us on this planet :)

So the real idea and the most important is the world map with main base and outpost what do you think about that ?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Realistically the troopers can come with speed of light, which means, it takes some years ... or centuries. :)
And no, we don't have stargates yet.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

shade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shade »

ssilk wrote:Realistically the troopers can come with speed of light, which means, it takes some years ... or centuries. :)
And no, we don't have stargates yet.
True but the rocket defense is here for ship come from Earth:)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

This was the colonoy ship. The hero was one of the vanguards, exploring the planet where the colonists wanted to settle... :)

Maybe look into this thread:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=1114

Many ideas, but the first post of Thomas is pointing the direction clearly.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

shade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: EDIT : World map (old : Some idea list)

Post by shade »

So for made a real idea i edit the post only for my main idea the world map :

World map setting :
You can choose the size of the world map ( one coord = one map like a grid A1, A2, B1 ... )
You can setting the starting position

Main Base / Starting position :
Your first map nothing change than a normal map but only the state of the map ( main base ) with a unique structure like a super computer ?
Main Base can order to produce, send or required ressources from outpost
The super computer can be also the throne of RTS : https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... hp?f=9&t=6 ? :)

Outpost
Like the main base he need a control computer
Can be destroy by bitter or abandon by you
Have a maximum number of outpost with research for unlock
Possibility to "SEMI" automaticaly building : the player make a plan with position of structure and other, and if RTS possibility ( https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... hp?f=9&t=6 ) this is the robot builder who develop the base, and fighting robot with turret defend/expend
Like the throne in https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... hp?f=9&t=6, when you enter in the control computer it's here you can setting up the task list for produce/build/fight and send ressource ?

Some world event :
When a outpost is udner attack, you received an alert who show you the location of the danger in the world map
Possibly add a meteor crash event on a map ? That can be create a few ammout of special ore and we can use for build item ?
If an outpost is enought powered we loose the control of him and it become abandoned
Bitter can infect outpost computer and after the outpost become enemy for us

So now what do you think about the world map ?

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”