Threshold for damage warning

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Rhamphoryncus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Threshold for damage warning

Post by Rhamphoryncus »

Currently any damage triggers the claxon. Useful for a tiny base but it gets irritating quickly, especially since spitters have a tendency to get a single shot off before their inevitable lasery death.

Instead I'd like if turrets and walls didn't trigger the warning until they reach 75% health. High enough that they still have most of their health if you do need to go running, low enough that it won't go off unless they really need it.

lancar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Threshold for damage warning

Post by lancar »

This.
So much this.
The alarm goes off at my base ALL THE TIME! I've lost entire outposts because my mind doesn't even register the claxon as something to care about anymore :p

I'd also like this to differentiate from defense buildings and production buildings. Walls and Turrets are expected to take damage, that's why they have so much HP, but assemblers and drills... not so much.

So:
Defense buildings, give alarm only at 75% or lower (maybe 80%)
Everything else: Alarm right away. Or maybe a different sounding alarm? A faster one with a slightly higher pitch.

Tinyboss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tinyboss »

I love both of these ideas.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

If you are going with different sounding alarms, make one that is different for destruction than for damaging.

Let the destruction override the damaging alarm.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”