IDEA: for save mode game files

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

IDEA: for save mode game files

Post by Cooolaid »

For Factorio Dev's:

When in game and in the save menu, the Save listings from other world saves should not be viewed. Only saves from current world should be viewed.
All other saves listing pertaining to other world saves should NOT be shown. This only happens Only in Saving mode while in game and in current world.
This will prevent accidentally overwriting a save, from a different world not pertaining to the world you are currently in and saving.

ONLY the full list of saves should only be shown when in LOAD mode. Not in Saving mode.

Sorry I dont know how to explain this with the correct words., Im having a bad day with my native english language today , sorry. :/

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: IDEA: for save mode game files

Post by bobucles »

I definitely have to agree. Individual worlds are big projects, and they may differ in terms of mod lists or other major settings. It's best for each world to have its own save folder.

Tinyboss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tinyboss »

Makes sense to me. I can't think of any reason I'd intentionally save one world over another.

Maybe one save over a different save from the same world, but never different ones.

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

bobucles wrote:I definitely have to agree. Individual worlds are big projects, and they may differ in terms of mod lists or other major settings. It's best for each world to have its own save folder.
I think, to my understanding. It would be more like only be a small script basically telling the program to hide all save files that are not part of that particular world, or hide save files that was not made/created by that world.
would be much simpler and much easier than having each world to have its own save folder. then you would have tons of folders, would become a big mess of folders.. :)

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

would be much simpler and much easier than having each world to have its own save folder. then you would have tons of folders, would become a big mess of folders..
How so? It's not possible to have more folders than save files. If anything it would help ORGANIZE the save folder, and has a side bonus of making sure each map gets its own autosave chain.

And if you have more than 50 individual factorio worlds going at once. Well. God speed, anon.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”