Car steering aid

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

lancar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Car steering aid

Post by lancar »

First off, let me just say that I love the new concrete and brick paths. They really enhance my factory setup where I intentionally leave wide areas open for road construction, leading to all parts of the base. Since my bases have a tendency to get pretty huge, these roads are really nice.

However, since steering the car is so finicky at high speeds, i keep crashing into pretty much everything. I've made roads 4 tiles wide wherever possible, and I STILL run down electrical poles frequently, mostly when turning. If the road is just 2 or 3 wide, I either have crawl slowly or I pretty much immediately wreck half the inserters on the side.

The factory can repair all this (self inflicted) damage just fine, but it's still really annoying. A tank is easier to level completely to the X or Y axis, but the car constantly seems to want to go just a little bit to the left or right (from the drivers perspective).

So, I would like some means to level the car out or help me stay on the road at higher speeds. If I could build some sort of guidance network that gently adjusts the cars heading along it, that'd be even better.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Car steering aid

Post by ssilk »

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =87&t=8976

---> Better Vehicle Control mod.

Currently 0.11, but the author works on 0.12
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”