Better Personal Roboport (3 suggestions)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Better Personal Roboport (3 suggestions)

Post by Ranakastrasz »

3 Suggestions

Auto-request
Item Dropoff Priority
Bot smart Power management.

Auto-request
For each personal roboport you have active, 10 construction bots will automatically transfer themselves from a normal roboport to your personal roboport. This will not exceed 10x roboport count.

Item Dropoff Priority
Construction robots will only take/droppoff items from a player if no other sources or droppoff points exist in the network. If the player's aura touches any part of that network, it is still considered connected.
If the player's logistic requests include the items however, they will drop the items off in the player's inventory as a priority.

Bot smart Power management.
Before a bot launches, it will reserve enough power for a full recharge. Bots may not launch if insufficient power is stored.
If a bot is charging but the port has insufficient power, it will not degenerate energy while waiting for more power.
After a bot charges, if it wants to go out for more work, it has to reserve the power a second time, otherwise it will dock.
Last edited by ssilk on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed title
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

JoeSchmoe
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Personal Roboport

Post by JoeSchmoe »

I'll list my annoyance with the personal roboport here too.

Lets say i'm build a new smelting area and I only have one furnace on me, with a large stack elsewhere in the network. So i Shift-Click to build a ghost furnace. However before I can build a second furnace, the robots have stolen my furnace to place it.

I'd really like to see a way to ghost build anything at any time, even if you do not have the item in your inventory.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

That one is actually pretty easy to do yourself. Make a blueprint of a single furnace, and use that instead
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Ranakastrasz wrote:That one is actually pretty easy to do yourself. Make a blueprint of a single furnace, and use that instead
but it's hardly convenient.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

ratchetfreak wrote:
Ranakastrasz wrote:That one is actually pretty easy to do yourself. Make a blueprint of a single furnace, and use that instead
True, but it is at least a temperary workaround till enough people accumulate to convince the devs to fix it.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
ratchetfreak wrote:
True, but it is at least a temperary workaround till enough people accumulate to convince the devs to fix it.
There's is nothing to be fixed, maybe changed to accommodate both ways.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”