Healing and medical gear/buildings?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

webkilla
Inserter
Inserter

Healing and medical gear/buildings?

Post by webkilla »

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I didn't see anything mentioning it in the Ready for Implementation or Forum-ready sections.

Medical stuff. Stuff to make characters heal faster.

I have 3 things in mind:

A basic medical aid station, a 3 x 3 building made from steel, copper plate, alien artifacts, green chips and red chips - an early-midgame thing. It would allow a player to go up and interact with the building (similar to how you interact with a turrent when you want to take ammo from your inventory to the turret's inventory) and that would have a button or something. Pressing that would speed up your character's healing by double the normal rate until the character the effective radius of the building (if you go more than than 3 squares away or something)

An advanced aid station. Blue chips, a basic aid station, tier-2 efficiency mod cards and batteries. Does the same as above, only it heals you much faster.

I'm also imagining something kind of item that you can socket into power armor made from alien artifacts, blue chips tier-3 efficiency mod cards and batteries.

Just an idea. I'm sure others have proposed similar things. I'm just tired of having to wait around after having raided a bug nest for my health bar to fill up - and edible fish are a very finite resource

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Healing and medical gear/buildings?

Post by deepdriller »

YOu know eating fish heals you, right?
ALso, the Treefarm Mod has medical packs.

webkilla
Inserter
Inserter

Post by webkilla »

deepdriller wrote:YOu know eating fish heals you, right?
ALso, the Treefarm Mod has medical packs.
I know that eating fish heals me - but fish seem to deplete much too quickly for my taste

And while I'm sure mods introduce healing, but I would very much like to see an official feature with it

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

This can be found here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=80&t=154

I'm sorry for, that it is currently so ugly to find. I begun that work in May and then I had no time anymore to continue to split that all up. :(
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”