Mobile platforms

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sackboy338
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mobile platforms

Post by sackboy338 »

I was leading sole aliens to my bases lazer turrets http://puu.sh/jaDUp/5ad044b40a.jpg when I got an Idea: what if you could build mobile platforms on giant wheels/treads, and build regular stuff on them, like solars and turrets ect. you could maybe either drive them ore they would follow you or something like that, but that is something I would really like to see

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mobile platforms

Post by Koub »

ok so basically, you ask for mobile autonomous turret creepers ? I'm not sure I would want that in the game :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

sackboy338
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sackboy338 »

Koub wrote:ok so basically, you ask for mobile autonomous turret creepers ? I'm not sure I would want that in the game :)
Well, when used like that, yeah. But I was thinking moving platforms, even the smallest size, would be somewhat large and not very fast, as well as having other balance changes e.c.t

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Koub wrote:ok so basically, you ask for mobile autonomous turret creepers ? I'm not sure I would want that in the game :)
I would imagine something akin to the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawler-transporter, with different avaliable sizes. But afaik it would be impossible to implement with the current state of the engine.

It would be pretty cool to have a secondary mobile base, which is able to produce something on the go to lay defences, or to occupy ressources without having to lay a train network. Quite literally a very slowly moving mobile outpost. I wonder how hard such a thing would be to implement. WOuld be quite a ressource-sink for lategame.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

First: sackboy338, If you refer to a link you are responsible for that resource (It's gone). So the better way to refer to something is to upload it into this forum. It's just three clicks.

Added this suggestion to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=19991 Collection of ideas around robots and self-moving objects
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

ssilk wrote:First: sackboy338, If you refer to a link you are responsible for that resource (It's gone). So the better way to refer to something is to upload it into this forum. It's just three clicks.

Added this suggestion to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=19991 Collection of ideas around robots and self-moving objects
Thank you ssilk, helpful as usual ;)
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”