Buy and sell idea

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Buy and sell idea

Post by Kewlhotrod »

Prehaps this has been posted but im using the galactic trade mod and it adds so much scale to the game, and the direction of factions seen in this latest update 0.12.0 it would be holy shit jesus christ amazing if there was a currency.
Also if any devs are actually reading this I really like the direction you've taken with the game, much love. ;)

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Buy and sell idea

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

If you keep up with the blogs, the original end game was making money, and when you had enough you just won.

I was looking at that mod not too long ago and it looks cool.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

I'm not really sure there's much of a economy to make out of factorio, given that everything comes from iron, copper, coal, stone, or oil. If you can produce one kind of item, then you can use those same resources to produce anything else. The only really special resource in the factorio universe are the alien artifacts.

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by johanwanderer »

bobucles wrote:I'm not really sure there's much of a economy to make out of factorio, given that everything comes from iron, copper, coal, stone, or oil. If you can produce one kind of item, then you can use those same resources to produce anything else. The only really special resource in the factorio universe are the alien artifacts.
Just speculating here, but I think the market will make sense in PvP plays, or in whichever scenarios that have all of the players control some of the resources, but not all (says, lots of irons, but only some coppers). Since no one side can just out-build the other, you have to rely on the market to get items (say, copper coils, iron gears, or plastic bars)

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

johanwanderer wrote:
bobucles wrote:I'm not really sure there's much of a economy to make out of factorio, given that everything comes from iron, copper, coal, stone, or oil. If you can produce one kind of item, then you can use those same resources to produce anything else. The only really special resource in the factorio universe are the alien artifacts.
Just speculating here, but I think the market will make sense in PvP plays, or in whichever scenarios that have all of the players control some of the resources, but not all (says, lots of irons, but only some coppers). Since no one side can just out-build the other, you have to rely on the market to get items (say, copper coils, iron gears, or plastic bars)

brings up a good point.

having players at different parts of the world, where some locations have more copper etc. some players may end up being forced to buy some copper. Could be interesting. Although, most players would probably keep searching till they find it.. (me) lol.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

We can get vs version of RSO up at some point.

Make ores spawn after dividing world into areas with coordinates. Then you will need to trade since you won't find the ore you are looking for ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”