Sub-Icons for Power Suit icon (like blueprints)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Sub-Icons for Power Suit icon (like blueprints)

Post by Gandalf »

In the end game it's often useful to have multiple power suits (one for fighting with many shields, one for building with lots of exosceletons and roboports). However when switching between suits you have to select the right one from your inventory, which is slightly annoying because they are visually indistinguishable until you hover over one to see its grid.
Suggestion: Allow selecting a little icon that will be displayed on top of the suit that can indicate its function. I think you could just reuse the GUI that is already used for marking blueprints.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Sub-Icons for Power Suit icon (like blueprints)

Post by Peter34 »

Gandalf wrote:In the end game it's often useful to have multiple power suits (one for fighting with many shields, one for building with lots of exosceletons and roboports). However when switching between suits you have to select the right one from your inventory, which is slightly annoying because they are visually indistinguishable until you hover over one to see its grid.
Suggestion: Allow selecting a little icon that will be displayed on top of the suit that can indicate its function. I think you could just reuse the GUI that is already used for marking blueprints.
Thumbs up for this one, if there is an easy way for the devs to implement it.

Another solution, much simpler, is to simply allow the user to assign a one-letter "code" to each suit, i.e. give it a one-letter name, like this is my suit A, this is my suit B, making or changing the name in the RMB-click interface where you add and remove suit modules.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”