[0.12] Turning on/off module info on buildings

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

InsaneSeal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.12] Turning on/off module info on buildings

Post by InsaneSeal »

With the new 0.12 update you can see what modules you have in your buildings when you have detailed info on. This is a great addition, but I find it to be a bit too much when you have a lot of buildings (especially when they are surrounded by beacons) with modules in them. It would be nice to be able to press a button to turn it on/off when desired.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12] Turning on/off module info on buildings

Post by FishSandwich »

Agreed. An tickbox in the options would be ideal for this.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.12] Turning on/off module info on buildings

Post by ssilk »

Where did I had this thread? Ah, here https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=3674

I think in the originating idea it was more useful: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ies#p54206

Hm. My original idea to this was: Show (with very simple, very, very small colored LEDs, much smaller than in the example above) on the top of an assembly, how many, and which modules are inside. There needs to be no change in the graphic of an assembly (They are so weak, that they don't lighten up the surface of the assembly), you just need to define the positions of these lights. I think you'll discover soon, what the lights mean (the positions of the module slots inside the assembly), but because they are so small they don't disturb.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”