Love the Game - My Suggestions

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Kurdaj
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Love the Game - My Suggestions

Post by Kurdaj »

Hello,

The thing I most often run into is the irritating need to rebuild my blueprints every new game. It would be nice to have the game "save" a number of blueprints to persist from one game to the next - just to avoid the trouble of having to recreate them each time.

Give Construction Robots a means of destroying trees blocking a blueprint - or have them place what pieces of the blueprint they can for the moment.

An interface or some means of better communicating to the player that within the existing logistical network, the number of Logistic/Construction robots, and the number of which are active and how many are idle.

On Robo-Ports, some indicator of how many robots of which type are idle inside it, and how many repair kits are available from it.

A tutorial or some better educational tool for the use of red/green wires. I like to run a train who's only job is to visit each outpost and deposit laser turrets, wall sections, power lines, lights, repair kits, and construction robots as necessary. But I struggle with telling the Smart Inserter to only place so many of each item into the cargo car - it keeps filling up with wall sections and power lines, and the other items cannot be placed inside. I have written out and tried every permutation of smart inserter settings and still cannot get what I want. Really frustrating.

An indicator that a train is approaching on the tracks - some alert either on the astronaut's person or on the interface that a train will be where the astronaut is standing within the next 2 seconds.

Eject the astronaut from the engine of the train further away, so if the train is traveling on a diagonal track, the astronaut is not immediately killed - ejecting while going north/south east/west is completely safe.

Allow the astronaut to "destroy" a 10% production oil spot. Iron, copper, and stone disappear off the map as they are consumed. It is misleading that oil is represented on the world and on the map regardless of the quality of the supply.

The liquids transportation system is less than clear about its status insofar as how much you have, where it is going, and other expectations of the player. The supply of plastic bars runs out - how did it happen? When? Because oil pumps never run out, hitting a drought of oil is much more difficult to predict given the lack of visual cues. You can see the size of an iron patch walking past it while doing other tasks, or by quickly consulting the map, whereas you have to actively check the rate of each oil pump to know what's going on - whatever 87% means. No context.

Other than that, love the game! Even the parts I listed, I love those too.

Best $$$ I have ever spent on a video game. I've put probably 100 hours into this since I bought it earlier this year.

Kurdaj
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Love the Game - My Suggestions

Post by Kurdaj »

I just thought of an addendum to one of my points:

A "smart" container / cargo car that allows the astronaut to designate that for an inventory slot, only this specific type of item may be placed into it.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Some of this is available now.
Kurdaj wrote:The thing I most often run into is the irritating need to rebuild my blueprints every new game. It would be nice to have the game "save" a number of blueprints to persist from one game to the next - just to avoid the trouble of having to recreate them each time.
Blueprint String
Kurdaj wrote:have them place what pieces of the blueprint they can for the moment.
Hold Shift while placing a blueprint
Kurdaj wrote:An interface or some means of better communicating to the player that within the existing logistical network, the number of Logistic/Construction robots, and the number of which are active and how many are idle.
You can see robots count by hovering your mouse over a logistics chest, sadly not the individual counts though.
Kurdaj wrote:it keeps filling up with wall sections and power lines, and the other items cannot be placed inside.
You can set filters in cargo wagons, press the middle mouse button

Kurdaj
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kurdaj »

JamesOFarrell wrote:Hold Shift while placing a blueprint
JamesOFarrell wrote:You can set filters in cargo wagons, press the middle mouse button
MIND BLOWN

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

have a look at https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... %26_Tricks

Train crossing signals

It's a good idea to put rail signals on the parts of a track that you will traffic across often, this will give you a heads up if a train is coming and spare you the annoyance of becoming railkill

if you did no the Alternative view is on (default Alt-Key).

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Moved from General.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deepdriller »

Trees can be marked for deconstruction. All objects marked for deconstruction are no longer considered an obstacle for blueprints, however construction bots will still try to construct things even if an object is blocking the site.
On Robo-Ports, some indicator of how many robots of which type are idle inside it, and how many repair kits are available from it.
Doesn't it display that when you mouse over it?

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”