Rail Signals on the Circuit Network

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DrNickDoom
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Rail Signals on the Circuit Network

Post by DrNickDoom »

I have been playing around with the trains and with out the ability to go over or under in other track i have had to accept that i will have to let the tracks cross, and with the current singles only being concerned with the track ahead of them and until the next signal the only way i can see to build a simple 4 way junction that "should" avoid Deadlock would have to be HUGE and i am only using a small strain

I would like to suggest that Signals be added to the Circuit Network so the we could make simple pre signals,(and probably lots more complicated things down the line) by allowing a signal not only to be Red Green and Yellow based off its own logic but so that it could also be set to Yellow or Red if the signal it is connected to is Yellow or Red

I don't know if my track will be dense enough with trains to dead lock a juntion but from playing TT(TTD and a little OTTD) i am in the habit of trying to build in a way that it "should" not

Regards
Nick Doom

P.S.
while looking to see if this had already been suggested i came across a post Safe Rail Crossing https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =6&t=13319 if Rail Signals and Gates were in the network we could probaly make safe leval crossing having the gates open and closes based on the lights of a set signal
Kind Regards
DrNickDoom of Housedoom1
ImageImageImage

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Rail Signals on the Circuit Network

Post by ratchetfreak »

built-in presignals are planned for the next release coming out soon™

allowing wires to sense train presence in a block and use that to force a signal to red (or green) would be nice to implement traffic lights

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”