All weapons require manual targeting.
Many possible weapons can be imagined:
- Kinetic Bombardment: Fires an iron rod into the ground to cause a local earthquake. (IRL, tungsten would be used instead.) This requires a rod manufacturing line, but VERY little resources. As opposed to:
- Nuclear missile launcher: Requires a lot of resources and causes poisoning and high pollution in the target area. Has a chance of destroying resources.
- Laser beam: Requires a lot of energy. Causes target to burn. Continuous fire. No splash damage.
- Ion cannon: For those who loved the GDI. Hits its target with a buildup animation, followed by a satisfying BOOM. Long recharge time, might even need to be supplied with some kind of gas?
- Neutron beam weapon: Used to defend the base. Damages only biologic organisms and can therefore be allowed to have an AoE. "Area of Effect"