Observation panel

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Neonity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Observation panel

Post by Neonity »

I propose an item that allows players to view pumpjack, mining, solar, accumulator, and some other stuff I probably missed, from said item

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Observation panel

Post by ssilk »

Please define "view". What do you want to view?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Neonity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Neonity »

say I have an oil outpost, I want to be able to connect a cable or something to a pumpjack, then be able to view the statistics of the machine, such as the health, energy, and the expected resources, sry, I realize now that that was pretty undescriptive :)

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

With time and more and more entitys that would go heavily on the processing time, keeping als those stats in memory on demand.
And is it a real necessity, in case of an attack you'll notified what and where got attacked, in case of ressources your production will give you the feedback, when tha plastic lacks. For mines a radar and a ocasionally view of the map do the same. For pumjacks... well that wouldn'T work but the production would go on anyway, albeit slower.

Neonity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Neonity »

very true, trains are always an option I guess :D Although, something akin the the fat controller could be made, in terms of pumpjacks since that would be one of the most common things that would require an outpost, it could just calculate the average of the oil production output the value to a gui so it wouldnt have to keep up with multiple machines although I'm not sure which would be more taxing :/

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Would be interesting if you have to build security cameras and communication equipments.

geofurry
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by geofurry »

kiba wrote:Would be interesting if you have to build security cameras and communication equipment.
That would be really useful for multiplayer and cooperative builds.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”