Power Production

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Arcanecast
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Power Production

Post by Arcanecast »

I think that there should be more means of power production. To name a few there could be coal power plants, chemical power plants(oil), or even nuclear power plants.
AC

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Power Production

Post by ssilk »

You can name much more, if you read https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... hp?f=9&t=5
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Power Production

Post by Peter34 »

Arcanecast wrote:I think that there should be more means of power production. To name a few there could be coal power plants, chemical power plants(oil), or even nuclear power plants.
Factorio divides power production into two stages: Heating some stuff, and then converting that heat into electricity. Currently it only has one item do to each, Boilers for the first stage and Steam Engines for the second (and then with Solar Panels as the odd man out, being a thing entirely of its own).

Your suggestion seems to deal with only the first stage, arguing that Coal-burning Boilers should be distinct from Oil-burning Boilers, which seems a bit fishy to me, and that Uranium-"burning" Boilers should be a thing of their own (which seems rather more logical).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”