Endgame/Artificial Intelligence

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DutchyMcDutch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Endgame/Artificial Intelligence

Post by DutchyMcDutch »

So I've been thinking about the endgame.

As the game develops from the indvidual crafting/working to machines to robot assistence, wouldn't the next logical step be an artificial intelligence that could take over completely and be in charge of the factory.

What if this is a prerequisite for the endgame and you leaving the planet to go back home?

This way, when you go away on your spaceship, you will have something looking after your base.

It could also create an interesting setup for a factorio 2 or something when you return and the AI has gone renegade or something.

PS: my first post, please go easy on me:)

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Endgame/Artificial Intelligence

Post by bobucles »

How is an AI going to know what you want to build or what resources you need or where you need extra defense?

The closest thing to a useful AI are drones.

DutchyMcDutch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Endgame/Artificial Intelligence

Post by DutchyMcDutch »

bobucles wrote:How is an AI going to know what you want to build or what resources you need or where you need extra defense?

The closest thing to a useful AI are drones.
I think an IA could easily calculate attack vectors from the aliens and see if current defenses are adequate.

I don't think of it as really building a huge factory but more as in looking after the shop so to speak. Also it could, I think, faily easily extend the base to get more resources, I don't think that's very difficult. I'm asuming it has control of construction and logistics robots.

But having something to look after the factory in your absence is really what I was thinking about.

What do you think of possible consequences for returning to this planet though?

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”