Only in factorio, there is this strange solid fuel.
I'd like to see solid fuel be removed from the game.
- The refinery should produce diesel instead of light oil, the color fits already.
- Diesel is the most powerful (as in more horsepower) engine fuel, but unsuitable for furnaces. See https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 70&p=85674.
- Vehicles are refueled by a liquid inserter, which looks like an inserter with a tube and a pipe connected to its back.
- The liquid inserter behaves exactly like an inserter. When there is a suitable thing in front, it reaches there and starts dispensing. Except if there is a small electric pump sucking on the connecting pipe, then it sucks the liquid out.
- The liquid inserter also behaves like a chest. You can go there and fill up your jerrycan. So you can carry some diesel around in your inventory. And refuel your car by hand. I am not sure yet, if the jerrycan should be an actual producable item, made of plastic or iron, like the barrel, or simply appear out of thin air to allow you to carry around some diesel.
- Liquid fuel powers the new gas turbine power plant. With the combined cycle science, this is a good alternative to the aging steam engines.
The handling of liquid may rise from its side scene to more prominence. And I think some changes to the pipes are in order, most mentioned already elsewhere. Pipes should be narrower, traversable (character should be able to climb over the pipe), not automatically connect to their neighbours, and there should be a pipe bridge to go over other pipes and reduce the number of underground pipes needed.
[Before editing, I wrote canister where now stands jerrycan. False friend translation from german.]