An Additional Statistic Needed

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

AndrewGeil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

An Additional Statistic Needed

Post by AndrewGeil »

I would like to know what my current production capacity is for my resources/items along with current production. Ex. Copper wire. 2.5k/3.2 From this I would know I am producing 2.5k wires and have a production capacity to produce .7k more without building any more assemblers. It would be equally helpful to have current usage/total usage capacity.
Often when I build modules, I have to expand my factories production of all lower tier items to meet the resource needs of these expensive items. If you knew what your total resource production capacity was along with your total resource usage capacity, you could easily expand your Factorio backwards with no guessing. I know many of you know the exact ratios and the numbers for all production types...I do not, nor will most players when Factorio makes it to Steam.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: An Additional Statistic Needed

Post by Koub »

I think overall capacity is something that can't be calculated easily. Example : say your factory is designed to produce exactly and only 5k green circuits at full capacity. What would be your red circuit maximum production capacity ? Same question knowing that on the other hand you have 10 labs researching blue science (which need plain copper for red, green circuits for green and blue, ...)
However, I use https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =69&t=5576 for that purpose : I draw the chart for a given throughput of a product, and see where/if I have enough capacity to produce full speed.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think this suggestion would be very useful, cause it is one thing to calculate theoretical throughput, but another to have the real numbers.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Would be very useful... But I'm wondering : right now, the game never tells you that you're doing things wrong, and I like that a lot. If you put 2 furnaces after 10 drills, well, you've got 2 furnaces producing plates, and a very solid ore buffer. Plus, these drills will automatically shut down, and won't consume energy anymore, so you're not punished for having miscalculated that. I'm always amazed how the entire game works like that. With this new functionnality, I'm afraid it would be read like : "this is what you do/this is what you could do if you didn't suck". I'd really hate that. On other side, production window is aimed for players who like ratios and stuff... So I don't know.

AndrewGeil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AndrewGeil »

DanGio wrote: "this is what you do/this is what you could do if you didn't suck".
HAHAHA, I think I might make this my personal quote...

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

Well maybe a bit of, but i would found it helpfuller if you could search for a specific product and see how much you produce.
Maybe helpfuller then a theroetical asumption about what i could do. Especially with mods you have so much intermediates that i find myself most times only estimating how much i really produce and what might be the problem.
But even in Vanilla, let's say i want to know how it stands about my processing units, i see sulfur wire solid fuel and so on... processing units falling of the chart.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”