A couple logistics ideas.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

samwichz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

A couple logistics ideas.

Post by samwichz »

The logistics bots are great. They make factory expansion a bit more dynamic and easier when your factory begins to be quite large. And the player logistics is a great idea. One situation that keeps occurring though is bots getting destroyed by creeper waves because the ran out of work in the middle of nowhere. It would be nice if I could set a rally point for for bots go to when there are no jobs to fulfill at the moment. It would also help with defending the bots as I could set up turrets around the rally point. On more additional thought, have the bots disengage from there task and head for a defended rally point if they detect danger.

Also, it would be nice to be able to set an upper and lower limit for request chest. For example: I need a chest so hold around 100 units. These units will be depleted rather fast from the chest. So I set the chest to be filled to 110 but only once the count drops to 90. Therefore, the work gets done in chunks instead of a large number of bots being tied up in a constant stream back and forth.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: A couple logistics ideas.

Post by ssilk »

To the first: see this post from slpwnd: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =917#p7629
Charging station should bring the bots back.

To the second: good logistics is a constant flow, not a big rush. I would really avoid that all my bots are doing only one work and the other time they stand around and wait. A good logistics is balanced so that only 10-20% of the bots are doing nothing. So, no, I don't see this so and I'm sure in this case, that most others are the same opinion. :) I think of using the charging stations, that the bots return earlier back to the source, but with level 3 assemblies and upgraded bots, this is also no problem anymore. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: A couple logistics ideas.

Post by n9103 »

About the only reason Logistic Bots aren't OP is that they Are vulnerable, requiring the player to ensure they stay in defended areas.
The only current problem is that it's slightly micromanagement-y to require the player to individually setup and delete their logistic slots when they leave safety.
I support an idea I saw elsewhere for a switch for the Logistic slots.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”