Combat robots in roboports

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Combat robots in roboports

Post by Cordylus »

What do you think about idea of deploying combat robot capsules by the roboports? If enemy would enter the yellow range of roboport it uses the capsule stored inside. It would be VERY useful deep inside the base. It's very common that few biters break the wall and come inside the factory, where defense systems are very poor. In this case roboports could conduct some type of self defense.

The suggestion inspired by:
Military Robots - own range of roboports ( maybe yellow line around) that can be inreased by research
Laser Robot - fire laser but drains fast the energy of the robot so they cant fire very long
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=3795

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Combat robots in roboports

Post by Klonan »

I had an idea along the lines of this, some sort of defence robot with a similar recipe and research requirements as the construction and logistics bots, that would help defend the areas around roboports. With the advent of the personal roboport (something similar to pocket bots) they could even be used as an offensive robot, without the need to re-throw capsule when the current bots expire.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Not a new idea. I've asked for something similar before. Basically, Combat robots similar to the existing logistic and construction robots that don't expire with time, they go out, shoot things, then dock again.

I also tried to mod in a turret module for the modular armor system, with limited success.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think so: We have some slots in the roboports and some or all of them can be combat bots.

If there is a alarm in the area ogf that port, they automatically go out to this point. As long as they are out, their expire-time runs. When they are back, the expire stops, but is not reset. So after some alarms the robot destructs.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

I like the idea, though I'd rather create separate type of combat robots for roboports only. They need different balancing than player combat robots.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”