Dual screen support/use

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.
Johnny8Bob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Dual screen support/use

Post by Johnny8Bob » Sat May 23, 2015 5:57 am

Dual screens could be used to display your local production menu and have a tab at the top to swap between that, the map and any other details that you come up with. I thought it was a simple and could be extremely helpful but not a disadvantage to people who don't have multiple monitors. If you can add this AWESOME and thank you.

(Note: I haven't seen this in the game but if it's there, oops)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Dual screen support/use

Post by daniel34 » Sat May 23, 2015 12:58 pm

I really like that idea. I don't even know a game using the second screen as info-screen.
I know of the GTA San Andreas Monitor mod, which allows you to view and change a lot of information (map, health, ammo, location) and works as a client-server system to control it from a second computer, but if you have a second monitor you can run both server and client on the same PC, effectively having an info-screen on the second screen.

This would be even more advantageous for Factorio, as there are a lot more useful stats you can display.
It would not only be able to show the production menu, but for example the current items in the logistics network the character is in or the current power situation of the nearest power network.

eurosat7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by eurosat7 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:13 am

*push*

I would love to monitor important stats on a second screen. (mainly power and logistics network, maybe also research)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk » Thu May 12, 2016 10:31 am

I've made a list: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=25229 Use of Monitors (Dualscreen..., more than 60 FPS ...)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai » Fri May 13, 2016 2:42 pm

For anyone familiar with Adobe products. I really like the undocked aspect of windows within the application. I can move color pallets, menu's etc to basically anywhere I want in a new window. This would be nice in Factorio as I could move my inventory window, research window, etc... to my other screen and keep my gameplay area free of clutter.

I'm sure this is a difficult idea given the differences here since I'm not talking about a 2nd full screen game window. (Though it could be)

Here's a good representation of what I mean.

AutoMcD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AutoMcD » Fri May 13, 2016 4:05 pm

There are actually a few games out there which will use 2nd screen for map or other misc things. It's nice. :)

Maja153
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Maja153 » Sun May 15, 2016 5:55 am

I really like the idea of using a second screen, i have found having 2 screens very helpful

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”