time left in crafting queue

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

reset
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

time left in crafting queue

Post by reset »

I think it would be very useful, if there was a tooltip in the crafting queue, which tells you how many seconds/minutes you have to wait until that specific item is done crafting.

Feles
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: time left in crafting queue

Post by Feles »

That would be pretty neat, maybe something like the image below, or even having the text on top of the item. I think just over the final product though, since it's not really useful to see that a gear will take 0.5 seconds or however long it takes.
A Factorio Let's Play
New videos added often! Feel free to let me know any comments you have.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

I think reset's intention was that on mouse-over, the time remaining until that item in the queue is complete would be shown. (A sum of all time between that item, and all preceding items'.)
This would be far less cluttered than individual timing, and be far more useful than the time for individual steps.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

zer0t3ch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zer0t3ch »

n9103 wrote:I think reset's intention was that on mouse-over, the time remaining until that item in the queue is complete would be shown. (A sum of all time between that item, and all preceding items'.)
This would be far less cluttered than individual timing, and be far more useful than the time for individual steps.
A mod like that should be possible, except it wouldn't be perfect. Like if you were making something that took 2 gears. If each gear is 0.5 seconds, and the final product is 5 seconds, the most a mod would be able to do is display something like: 6,5.5,5,0; because I don't think it's possible to see how far a crafting is without the core code.
"F**k thy hater"
-George Watsky

Feel free to contact me!
Razer Comms: Zer0t3ch
Email: zer0t3ch@live.com

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think it would be good enough to display "> 1 minute, > 30 seconds, etc." like in windows.
I've been searching for a list of this default times, but found nothing. I thing this is it:
2 3 4 5 10 15 20 30 40 50 60 90 120 180 240 300 360 420 480 540 600

600 sec = 10 minutes, I think it doesn't make sense to make the list longer than 10 minutes, because this cannot be planned. I have removed the 1, because that can be seen clearly. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”