Logistic overview on the right side

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Logistic overview on the right side

Post by ssilk »

When hovering over some logistic chest you see at the right the informations about the logistic network. Especially it shows how many stuff is stored in the storage chests. Now I tried to use that the first time extremely and when you have more than 20 different items in the storage chests it begins to really disturb, when you have items, where you have some lack of.
Then this display begins to "flicker", because when you have no item, it is not displayed and when this changes some times per second with more than 2 different itemtypes, this display jumps/flickers so much, that it gets unuseable.

Suggestion:
An item displayed in this list is shown, even, if it is empty, for about 10 seconds. If there is 10 seconds nothing, then the item can disappear from this list. This is about the same behavior than in the electric stats, where it isn't displayed, when it is scrolled out.

Some more suggestions (not important):
- switchable what numbers you see: The current state, the last 10 seconds, the last minute, the last 10 minutes, the last hour (think for top on unix!).
- An statistics over the stored items like the electrical network.
- When you hover over an item in the list, it highlights the chests, where it is in (on screen and minimap) and an arrow shows the shortest way.

BTW: There seems to be a bug, because I saw sometimes items with "-1" in the list.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Holy-Fire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Logistic overview on the right side

Post by Holy-Fire »

ssilk wrote:BTW: There seems to be a bug, because I saw sometimes items with "-1" in the list.
It's a feature. It means there is a bot on the way and that even if 1 more item is added, the bot will pick it all up.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Then I would replace it with "±1" or so. Because I know users, they will as me say "huuuuu, there is a bug..." :)

(other good replacements:
"~1" (a tilde) -
"." one, ".." two, or "…" - tree dots as replacement for "-3"
"¬1" - "not 1", but maybe to misinterpretable
"«1" - "more may come..."
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

A partial supply load is probably best represented as 1/2-1/4 (one of two-one of four), if anything at all. Using unusual symbols would be counter-intuitive, and there aren't any that are really applicable.

The plus-minus and the tilde are for measuring an inaccurate number, the .. and ... generally represent more info available, and the double arrow and "not 1" aren't intuitive at all.

It shouldn't be too noticable as a bug as you'd probably first notice it when you built a bot network for the first time, and were finding out how to use them. That would probably only involve a few chests. With the likely low spread between chests and few bots, you should be able to easily corellate between the -1 and a bot traveling to pick up items.
That scenario, however likely, still may not occur, so it would be best noted on one of the tips screens what it means.. speaking of which, they need an overhaul and more info, especially in Logistics areas.

I do agree that there should be a small window of persistence in the logic window, but this is coming from someone that prefers to avoid logic networks altogether when possible.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”