Highlighting the player

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Highlighting the player

Post by ssilk »

The player can sometimes not be seen. Not because he is hidden or so, but sometimes I lost him and search and search and can't see him.

This is explainable: The screen is full of stuff and the human eye isn't able to see him anymore, because you looked at some very different point and then looked back and the player is disappeared, because you look at the wrong point - not in the center, anywhere else. I currently helped me out with that by using a piece of phone-screen-protection-film on which I marked a red circle and and stick it on the screen. :) (This is a trick I learned from playing battlefield. :) )

For this situation I can think about some options:

- like with my film something which marks the player more permanently. Switch it on in options and e. g.
--- a red circle is drawed around the player or
--- he becomes a thick yellow outline or
--- the place around the player is much more lighted.
- like in Windows. There is an option to mark the mouse with blinking circles, when for example pressed the CTRL-key. Can be combined with above, so that the mark is displayed only when pressing this key.
- more intelligent: The game detects how "filled" the area is, where the player stands. Because you don't need to mark the player when he is standing in a wide field of sand. Then you see him immediately. But in an area of 40 burners this is difficult. The game detects "diversity" of tiles and items around the player and when the diversity is too high, the game auto-highlights the player.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Highlighting the player

Post by wrtlprnft »

So long as the player can't move relative to the screen, this can be fixed using a piece of electrical tape or a similar physical marker that you attach to your screen ;-)

I used to do this when playing the original pokémon games, there was this tunnel where you could only barely see the walls, but nothing else. You could of course light the tunnel, but that would require teaching an otherwise useless move, which couldn't be forgotten…

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Highlighting the player

Post by ssilk »

wrtlprnft wrote:So long as the player can't move relative to the screen, this can be fixed using a piece of electrical tape or a similar physical marker that you attach to your screen ;-)
I destroyed several monitors, because I used a waterproof pen before others brought me to the idea to use tape. :)

No, serious: This is must be seen in conjunction with moving the position of the player.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”