Extremly smooth zooming

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Extremly smooth zooming

Post by ssilk »

As the subject says, this would be nice:

- Zooming doesn't "jump" that strong, instead it "slides" from one zoom-size to the next. If you ever worked with a Mac or Google Earth you should know what I mean. :)
The reason for this is, that this will help to keep a better overview. The human eye doesn't like to "jumps" and "forgets" the context.

- More steps between full zoom in and out are then technically no problem.
Sometimes I just wanted to have more steps, because there was too much space between two zoom-levels.

- When zooming into, an "overzoom"-warning could be blended in (just a very small text).
Reason: I think when really zoomed in, some textures etc. looks a bit blurred.

- The zoom-level (scale) could be blended into, at the same place (or zoom factor?).

- Also I would like to see some "scale in tiles": how much is 5 tiles, 10 tiles, 20 etc. depending on the zoom.
Btw: Does a scale in meters make sense?

- When zooming out, the last steps could blend in the map step by step instead of the playfield. When zooming out wider, the playfield blends out and you see only the map-view. May replace the m-key?

- More "Wow"-effect.
Imagine to zoom in from very far to extremly near, very slow. If there is no "jumping" it could be used very well for videos and the people must look at it, because they can't believe the richness of details.
This could also be used to create some "camera-move": in good-mode store position/zoom/speed and the camera drives from point to point - think to google earth!
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”