Dead creepers can have their uses

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dead creepers can have their uses

Post by ssilk »

This comes from the robot-station-idea. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=6&t=964

And it is not so serious, I see it with one eye closed and a smirk in my face. 8-)

I'm not a fan of fighting, but I think it's really a waste to let all the killed creepers decompose where they die.
So instead of having robots in the early beginning of the game, you can use very fresh dead creepers for that. You get them of the ground and bring it to a graveyard (the creeper-control-station) where they are revived during the night and programmed (can be programmed only once and do this until they die).
Zombie-creepers have many disadvantages: They are very slow (4 times than you), they rot within 5-15 minutes and in the last seconds they try to destroy something, because they remember their old life (only very low chance to destroy it). A rotten zombie-creeper cannot be revived.
But they have their uses: They can help cutting the forests, because this takes much time (don't need an axe). The can get resources near creeper-houses (they are seen as neutral) and some more tasks like refilling coal etc.
With the time, you can't use them anymore, because the living creepers see what you do and will rescue them in increasing "waves", which will destroy more and important stuff and of course it's some hassle to pick them up really fresh. :) Zombie-creepers should in my opinion only useable for the first 1-2 hours in freeplay. After that, you will have the logistic robots or other robots, which are much more efficient.
But you keep the graveyard! The graveyard can then be used just to bury the fallen creepers (by robots) to make peace with them at any time. This is only one possible step to get peace with them!

Hm.

In the end this suggestion is more serious than thought: I think we need some ways to get in contact with the creepers. And the story is of course, that at the beginning they are horrible, but at some point we can change that - if we want. The exposure with the dead reflects in every culture the exposure with the living. :ugeek:
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”