Proximity Sensors

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sabolo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Proximity Sensors

Post by sabolo »

TL;DR
The circuit network allows many options however it doesn't allow easy triggering based on the proximity of a player or vehicle.

What ?
Add the option to add a sensor that can be triggered by the close proximity of a player or vehicle. This would send a signal to the circuit network that can allow the triggering of various automations. Customisation may include what can trigger it (player, vehicle, spidertron) as well as the range to which the sensor applies
Why ?
My daughter triggered this idea when she wanted to use the circuit network to allow her to park a vehicle in a target area and then turn on and off the conveyors to "park" the vehicle where she wanted it stored. While maybe a bespoke idea, it highlighted the lack of any ability to be creative around when something happens based on the proximity of an object. For example, can I turn off/on power to an area when aliens or my player are in a particular zone.

See more about here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27087 How is This Board Working? Revision #3

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Proximity Sensors

Post by Koub »

A part of your use cases is covered by the sensors in the gate.
The gate opens when you get close to it, and can send a signal while doing so, if it's connected to the circuit network.

Can't control the radius though, and only triggers on player or train approach.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

sarge945
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Proximity Sensors

Post by sarge945 »

On this topic, I have made a "garage" which is basically that you can park your car and have it "move" into position using belts while the main gate is open. The problem is that it's mostly pointless because using inserters to refuel/rearm it seems impossible because inserters always put everything into the trunk only.

I kind of wish vehicles had 2 "sections", putting an inserter pointing to the front half of the vehicle would always fill the ammo/fuel slots, while inserters at the back would fill the trunk as usual.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”