Out of range personal construction bots shouldn't be assigned new construction jobs

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

hecktarzuli
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Out of range personal construction bots shouldn't be assigned new construction jobs

Post by hecktarzuli »

TL;DR
What ?
Every once and a while I'll either outrun a personal construction bot, or leave one behind and it enters low-power mode. It's super annoying to have new jobs assigned to a bot that isn't anywhere near where I'm constructing things. It leaves random pieces not filled in when other personal bots could have done the work.

a) good - don't assign construction jobs to personal bots that are in low power mode
b) best - don't assign construction jobs to personal bots that are > X tiles away from you
Why ?
This reduces game aggravation as only robots that are really able to build what you wanted are assigned jobs. Note: This has nothing to do with non-personal bots.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Out of range personal construction bots shouldn't be assigned new construction jobs

Post by FuryoftheStars »

The changes mentioned here likely affect this:
https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-374
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”