Increasing the character limit for blueprint descriptions

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Jagura
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Increasing the character limit for blueprint descriptions

Post by Jagura »

Dear development team,

While playing your wonderful game, I’ve spent hundreds and thousands of hours designing blueprints and placing them. As I realized that the base game alone wasn’t enough for me, I transitioned to larger mod packs, which further expanded and complicated my blueprints. To avoid getting lost in this vast variety, I started adding brief technical information to the blueprint descriptions. This included details about all input and output resources for a given factory blueprint. I included information about resource types, quantities, buffers or storage dedicated to specific products(for example, having 10 tanks for each type of oil-derived product), various toggleable modes, and output conveyor proportions, among other things.

However, at some point, when I was dealing with truly large and intricate blueprints, I encountered a limitation on the number of characters allowed in the blueprint description. I was quite disappointed by this fact. After reading your recent diary entry and discussions on how to improve the blueprint experience, I decided to write to you with a request: please consider increasing the character limit for blueprint descriptions.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”