Add the "out of network" warning triangle for any entity where a logistics connection has been configured

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

joeykins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Add the "out of network" warning triangle for any entity where a logistics connection has been configured

Post by joeykins »

TL;DR
Add the "out of network" warning triangle for any entity where a logistics connection has been configured (or, alternatively, when configuring logistics connections for entities that are out of network, make this obvious inside the logistics connection configuration panel)

What ?
Logistics Chests that are not in the logistics network get a flashing warning triangle to show you that they're not going to function. This is great.
I was just digging out my first game where my roboport coverage was a bit more al dente, and spent ages trying to work out why I wasn't manufacturing underground belts in my hub, and eventually realised that the output inserter was just outside of logistics network coverage. There is currently no indication that you've messed up here either via the flashing "no connection" warning on the logistics-connection-enabled entity, or within the configuration panel for the logistics connection.

Why ?
It's one of those small QOL improvements where right now, especially if you're a new player, there's no actual explanation for why something you've set up isn't working. Differentiating between "disabled because of the logistics condition" and "disabled because a logistics connection has been configured but there is no network coverage" would be a good enhancement for ID'ing/troubleshooting weird production problems.

Murklak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Add the "out of network" warning triangle for any entity where a logistics connection has been configured

Post by Murklak »

I'm trying to understand what you did that wasn't working. Did you put down an inserter ghost and the robots didn't place the inserter?

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Add the "out of network" warning triangle for any entity where a logistics connection has been configured

Post by Illiander42 »

Inserter set to activate based on logistics network instead of circuit network, but because it wasn't in a logistics network it was always off.

They then spent a long, long time troubleshooting it without realising that it wasn't in a logistics network. So they want some form of indicator that an entity being controlled by the logistics network isn't in a logistics network.

+1, btw.

Murklak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Murklak »

I didn't even realize that was an option.

+1 because that's how that should work.

joeykins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by joeykins »

Illiander42's summary is absolutely correct.

PennyJim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PennyJim »

+1 didn't even realize that's not the case currently

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”