Player Logistics

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DeadWalkingX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Player Logistics

Post by DeadWalkingX »

I would like to propose a new way to deal with the player's logistical requests. Could an identical copy of the crafting window be made? where each item would appear as it is investigated and would be set to (0 - infinity) by default. In the "normal" game it might not be so necessary since the number of items is not so large. But when you start playing with mods, a significant number of new recipes are added. The problem I want to solve here is that when you get to the late part of the game, modifying your requested items becomes tedious since you have to search for them in a list of items that are NOT ordered and that takes time. I always try an orderly way to request my items in "sections" so as not to have this problem but I never succeed :(

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Player Logistics

Post by Illiander42 »

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

DeadWalkingX wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:19 am
I would like to propose a new way to deal with the player's logistical requests. Could an identical copy of the crafting window be made? where each item would appear as it is investigated and would be set to (0 - infinity) by default.
The catch is that the crafting window shows things you can (possibly) craft, ie recipes, while logistic requests are items, so it can't be "identical" in general. Mods may make this a more significant distinction than in vanilla. In practice it may not matter.

I've not tried the mod Illiander42 suggested but it looks good (aside from the fact it's not been updated for over three years, which makes various problems more likely).

It's not the same, but you can search (Ctrl+F) to highlight matching logistics requests.

FFF-382 revealed significant changes to how logistics requests work in 2.0, so it seems unlikely that something like what you ask for will be implemented in the base game. Those changes may make it easier for you to keep things in order without needing the clutter of having requests for everything when you don't care about most of them (that being the obvious downside of what you suggest).

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

SoShootMe wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:58 am
I've not tried the mod Illiander42 suggested but it looks good (aside from the fact it's not been updated for over three years, which makes various problems more likely).
It's been updated since the last major Factorio version, and it worked fine the last time I used it.

DeadWalkingX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DeadWalkingX »

SoShootMe wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:58 am

It's not the same, but you can search (Ctrl+F) to highlight matching logistics requests.

FFF-382 revealed significant changes to how logistics requests work in 2.0, so it seems unlikely that something like what you ask for will be implemented in the base game. Those changes may make it easier for you to keep things in order without needing the clutter of having requests for everything when you don't care about most of them (that being the obvious downside of what you suggest).
The ctrl + f would solve my problem for now.
I was looking at what is coming for version 2 and I find the change to the logistics part perfect. Having configurable and activatable groups would be quite convenient, that would completely solve the problem I was raising.
Thanks for sharing this information.
Illiander42 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:43 pm
Here's the mod you want

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/player_re ... ing_layout
Regarding the mod you mention, I installed it and couldn't get it to work haha.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

DeadWalkingX wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:09 am
Illiander42 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:43 pm
Here's the mod you want

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/player_re ... ing_layout
Regarding the mod you mention, I installed it and couldn't get it to work haha.
There's probably a fork that does then.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”