FFF Request: Please don't spoil any new enemies

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Tyrannosapien
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

FFF Request: Please don't spoil any new enemies

Post by Tyrannosapien »

TL;DR
Please don't spoil or tease any new enemies that will be included in the 2.0 expansion.
What ?
Avoiding spoilers is a particular aesthetic/perspective for many gamers. Support those players by letting them reveal/encounter new enemies during their own play experience after 2.0 launch.

FFF are a great resource for many, many players. Many of those players like getting the previews of upcoming features. In general I think this is good content, especially since in most cases one needs to read and engage in discussion to discover any newly revealed features.

That said, I think that even players that enjoy spoilers could still benefit from exploring some mysteries in a new game. Especially when that mystery comes with danger.
Why ?
I don't think that any tease of new enemies will be avoidable by those players actively avoiding spoilers. New enemies will be a much bigger, more active discussion topic than almost any other preview.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: FFF Request: Please don't spoil any new enemies

Post by Koub »

Sorry, but I'm not with you on that one : I wanna know :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

camela_camera
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by camela_camera »

let's have our spoilers and hide them too

computeraddict
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by computeraddict »

I want new enemy info before release, but like, just before release. All I'd want before then is just a confirmation of "yep there will be new enemies too."

picklock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by picklock »

I would also like to have information about new opponents in an FFF in advance.
My Mods: Picklocks Fusion Power | Picklocks Inserter | Picklocks Lithium Polymer Accumulator | Picklocks rocket silo stats | Picklocks Set Inventory Filters

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

I also believe that while there is obviously deliberately no reaction on the forum to the feedback, that the feedback is nevertheless accounted and acted upon.
It would be a shame, having such an important aspect of the game as enemies not receive at least some feedback.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

mcmase
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mcmase »

Gotta disagree.

If you don't want spoilers, its on you to not open the FFF or forums until release.

I can't wait for new enemy types to be teased and I'm seriously hoping that combat got as much improvement in 2.0 than the rest of the game.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

mcmase wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:46 pm
Gotta disagree.

If you don't want spoilers, its on you to not open the FFF or forums until release.

I can't wait for new enemy types to be teased and I'm seriously hoping that combat got as much improvement in 2.0 than the rest of the game.
Same feeling.

The only issue here that I do acknowledge is the fact that you can't completely hide the thumbnail and titles of the articles completely within Steam (which sounds like an issue to take up with Steam, not Wube). But at the end of the day, I'd rather have some minor spoilers than going in blind. I don't buy blind, even from known, trusted sources.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

PennyJim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PennyJim »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:02 pm
I don't buy blind, even from known, trusted sources.
Very good point, though I feel like I know enough about the expansion to be willing to buy and any issues I have with new enemies I'm confident I can just turn off via settings or mods

That being said, as someone who tends not to play with much in the way of enemies, I want to know more. I'd be completely down for large spoiler warnings, but I want to know what unique turn on biter gameplay they've added.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”