Enable/disable alerts (like structure killed by biters) in options menu

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

NexGenration
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Enable/disable alerts (like structure killed by biters) in options menu

Post by NexGenration »

Add the ability to enable/disable the various alerts that appear to the right of your hotbar from the options menu. Alerts such as "turrets engaged with enemy" or "bots missing construction supplies".

You can currently do this via console commands (/help alerts), but this honestly should be in the options menu. There's already similar toggles in there.

Personally I like turning off turrets engaging with biters because 99% of the time it is meaningless information to me and it appears to the left of the "bots missing construction supplies" alert, thus constantly shifting that alert left and right every time biters attack which makes it difficult to hover over it to see what I'm missing for what I'm building.

Murklak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Enable/disable alerts (like structure killed by biters) in options menu

Post by Murklak »

I kind of like the idea of this being on the shortcut bar so you can turn off turret alerts PER MAP. You might not want them on your own map but need them on the map you share with friends, for instance.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Enable/disable alerts (like structure killed by biters) in options menu

Post by Koub »

Shameless self-advertisement for an old suggestion : viewtopic.php?p=380450#p380450 (and subsequent post : viewtopic.php?p=570407#p570407, even if the whole discussion was interesting).

Loose correlation so I won't merge any topics, but if my suggestion was to be implemented, this post's request would be addressed.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”